What better way to say "I love you" than making something sweet for your sweetie? From Wallflower Chocolate to you, create this dessert recipes for two.
Recipe By: Wallflower Chocolate
This ultra-rich chocolate treat is perfect to share with someone you love!
- 6 Tbsp. heavy cream
- 6 Tbsp. milk
- 2 Tbsp. Sprouts Brand Sugar
- 2 oz. Wallflower's Dark Chocolate (or chocolate of choice) (70% cocoa), chopped
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. Brand Vanilla Extract
- 2 egg yolks
- Choose two small jars or ramekins for the dessert. The dishes need to be oven safe and need to be able to hold ¾ cup liquid.
- Preheat oven to 300°F and place a baking dish (such as a loaf pan) in the oven with enough hot water to mostly come up the sides of whatever sized dish you’ll be serving the dessert in.
- In a small saucepan, heat heavy cream, milk and sugar until the mixture is hot (but not boiling) and the sugar has dissolved.
- Turn off heat under the pan and add chopped chocolate to the hot milk mixture. Allow chocolate to sit in the hot milk undisturbed about a minute, then stir to combine and until fully melted. Add salt and vanilla.
- In a small bowl, add egg yolks and whisk (or stir with a fork). Add a tablespoon of the hot chocolate mixture to the egg and stir well. Continue adding a tablespoon or so at a time until you’ve added at least 5-6 tablespoons and the egg mixture is warm. Add entire egg mixture to the saucepan and turn the stove back on to medium-low.
- Heat, while slowly whisking and cook for 2-3 minutes or until the mixture has thickened to almost the consistency of pudding. Immediately remove from heat and pour into your two jars or ramekins.
- Retrieve the pan of hot water from the oven, place jars in the center and return to the oven to bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Remove desserts from the oven when the edges of the dessert are set, but the center is still quite soft (the center should jiggle a bit, but not appear fully liquid).
- Cool desserts on a cooling rack for 15 minutes or more, and then move to the refrigerator to chill and firm up, at least 2-3 hours.
- Serve well chilled. Desserts may be made up to 2 days in advance. Cover dishes in the refrigerator if chilling overnight.